CWHC has been providing educational programming to the Chicago community since 1988. Our educational programs use a harm-reduction model to promote healthy choices and focus on providing accurate, accessible, sexual health information. We provide educational programming in schools and organizations, as well as in-house workshops.
CWHC's Health Educators are skilled at working in diverse settings, and presentations typically last between 50 and 90 minutes. We customize our presentation format based on participants' needs, and we can provide one-time classes as well as multi-class series. We use a comprehensive sex education curriculum certified by Chicago Public Schools. All presentations can be provided in English or Spanish and are in line with the National Sexuality Education Standards.
Health Education Topics Include:
- Reproductive Anatomy & Hygiene
- The Menstrual Cycle
- Gender Identity
- Sexually Transmitted Infections & Prevention
- Pregnancy Prevention
- Communication, Decision Making & Healthy Relationships
- Body Image & Self-Esteem
- Access to Health Care & Self-Advocacy
- Breast Self-Exam & Breast Health
- Demystifying the Gynecological Exam
- Fertility Awareness
- Parents and Children Workshops
For Schools We Highly Recommend a 12 Class Series for Students
- Puberty & Hygiene
- Female Anatomy & Menstruation
- Male Anatomy & Intersex Identities
- Gender Roles & Identities
- Media Literacy & Body Image
- Healthy Relationships: Boundaries, Communication
- Healthy Relationships: Decision-Making
- Safer Sex: Consent
- Safer Sex: Sexually Transmitted Infections & Diseases
- Safer Sex: Pregnancy Prevention
- Reproductive Justice
- Parents Session (Optional and Optimal 13th Session)
This 12-class series provides our trained Health Educators adequate time to offer science-based, age-appropriate information, life skills for putting this new knowledge into practice, and sufficient time for questions. Schools can decide which classes fit best with their community needs, and Health Educators can tailor sessions to meet individual school requests.
For more information on payment procedures and the sliding scale, click here.
Training and Consultation Services
Through consultation and training, CWHC supports organizations, schools, and communities in developing affirming spaces for all people, including gender-expansive, queer young people and adults.
This work typically involves a combination of individual meetings with stakeholders, training sessions, curriculum review and development, and drafting recommendations for your community’s ongoing development.
Our Health Education team has expertise in diverse settings, and projects will be customized based on participants’ needs.
Click here to read more about CWHC's health education consultation and training.
For more information regarding our Health Education Workshops and Classes please contact Scout Bratt, Outreach & Education Director via email or at 773-935-6126 x230.