Calling All Bodyworkers and Massage Therapists!
Posted on March 19
Do you enjoy practicing your craft in a client-centered, affordable and sensitive health care setting? Chicago Women’s Health Center, a feminist health collective, is currently looking for more volunteer bodyworkers and massage therapists. We envision a world where all people have access to quality health care – health care that is body-positive, trauma-informed and trans-inclusive. In recognition of the range of needs of our clients, we are committed to building our integrative health services, including offering massage and bodywork of all modalities.
Joining us in our mission is a great way to reconnect with the passion and motivation that led you into healing work and an opportunity to keep your skills sharp.
Volunteer requirements (some of these are flexible on a case by case basis):
• Be licensed as a massage therapist in the State of Illinois or meet other qualifications to practice legally in Illinois for other types of bodywork (such as ABT or energy workers).
• Have liability insurance.
• Be able to volunteer a minimum of 2 hours a month.
• Commitment to the mission and values of CWHC
• Desire and ability to work with a diversity of clients, body types, and gender identities.
To learn more, please contact Leslie Fiedler, Clinical Services Director:
(773) 935-6126 ext 227