In addition to cash donations, there are several in-kind donations that we could put to good use as well! We would greatly appreciate the donation of any new or gently used item listed below. There are links provided to give you an idea of what we are looking for. If you have other in-kind items that are not on the list but you think we may be able to use, please contact us. Thank you for considering a tax-deductible in-kind donation to support our work!
Program Supplies and Furniture
- Blank paper (8½” by 11” – either white or brightly colored)
- Tea (unopened; individual bags) for waiting room
- Unopened honey for waiting room
- 10-20 lbs. weighted blanket for sensory regulation in Counseling
- 2-3 pairs of THINX Menstrual Panties/Underwear for Health Educators to use as examples/demos
- "Sex Smart" teen health video series
- Gift card to Office Depot for lamination services
- Menstrual care products (pads, tampons) for our students at schools in need
Supplies for Art-Based Counseling
- Oil Pastels
- Chalk Pastels
- Pastel Paper (Assorted Sizes are welcome)
- Drawing Pencils
- Blank Journals (All types are welcome)
- Paint brushes
- Paint - Acrylic/Watercolor/Gouche/Tempera
- Butcher Paper
- Assorted White & Colored Cardstock
- Old Magazines/Postcards/other printed images people may be able to donate
Book Wish List
Support local businesses and order from www.womenandchildrenfirst.com!
- Transgender Emergence; Therapeutic Guidelines for Working with Gender Variant People and Their Families - by Arlene Istar Lev
- Trans Liberation: Beyond Pink or Blue - by Leslie Feinberg
- Thirty Scripts for Relaxation Imagery and Inner Healing - by Julie T. Lusk
- Systematic Treatment of Incest: A Therapeutic Handbook - by Terry S. Trepper and Mary Jo Barrett
ALTERNATIVE INSEMINATION PROGRAM
- A Plant Dolly for our sperm tank
OUTREACH & EDUCATION PROGRAM
- Sex Is a Funny Word: A Book about Bodies, Feelings, and You - by Cory Silverberg and Fiona Smyth (Illustrator)
- Social Justice Pedagogy Across the Curriculum: The Practice of Freedom - Edited by Thandeka K. Chapman and Nikola Hobbel.
- Anti-Bias Education for Young Children and Ourselves - by Louise Derman-Sparks and Julie Olsen Edwards.
- Teaching for Diversity and Social Justice: 2nd Edition – Edited by Maurianne Addams, Lee Anne Bell, and Pat Griffin.
- S.E.X., second edition: The All-You-Need-To-Know Sexuality Guide to Get You Through Your Teens and Twenties - by Heather Corinna
- Medical Apartheid - by Harriet Washington
- What’s Happening to My Body? Activity Book - by Lynda Madaras
- Juvenile Temporary Detention Center book wish list
- Our Whole Lives (OWL): comprehensive sexuality education curriculum for grades K-1, grades 4-6, grades 7-9, and grades 10-12