In addition to cash donations, there are several in-kind donations that we could put to good use as well! We would greatly appreciate the donation of any new or gently used item listed below. There are links provided to give you an idea of what we are looking for. If you have other in-kind items that are not on the list but you think we may be able to use, please contact us. Thank you for considering a tax-deductible in-kind donation to support our work!
Program Supplies and Furniture
- Cubbies for health care providers
- Locking 2-drawer file
- Cost of paint and labor to paint the exam rooms
- Blank paper (8½” by 11” – either white or brightly colored)
- Tea (unopened; individual bags) for waiting room
- Unopened honey for waiting room
- Poster board (to make signs)
- Paper Towels
- Manila file folders
- 1st Class Forever Stamps
- Postcard Stamps
- Hand lotion
- 10-20 lbs. weighted blanket for sensory regulation in Counseling
- 2-3 pairs of THINX Menstrual Panties/Underwear for Health Educators to use as examples/demos
- "Sex Smart" teen health video series
- Gift card to for lamination services at Office Depot or Staples
- Menstrual care products (pads, tampons) for our students at schools in need
Alternative Insemination Program
- A Plant Dolly for our sperm tank
Outreach and Education Program
- Three-Ring Binders (we need between 45-50!)
- FLASH Curriculum Digital License (1 year): Middle School
- FLASH Curriculum Digital License (1 year): High School
- Thinx Period Panties: heavy, medium, and light day sample underwear
Send the Outreach and Education Program to OWL (Our Whole Lives)
The Outreach & Education Program has long admired the Our Whole Lives (OWL) curriculum! We're thrilled that a curriculum training will be happening in the Chicago area this Fall. We'd love to attend and learn how to incorporate the values-based, comprehensive OWL Curriculum into our programming!
Registration for an upcoming Our Whole Lives training in Rockford, IL (September 2017). It's $175 per person (x 3 OE staff = $525).
Gas gift cards!
Book Wish List
Support local businesses and order from www.womenandchildrenfirst.com!
- Transgender Emergence; Therapeutic Guidelines for Working with Gender Variant People and Their Families - by Arlene Istar Lev
- Trans Liberation: Beyond Pink or Blue - by Leslie Feinberg
- Thirty Scripts for Relaxation Imagery and Inner Healing - by Julie T. Lusk
- Systematic Treatment of Incest: A Therapeutic Handbook - by Terry S. Trepper and Mary Jo Barrett
OUTREACH & EDUCATION PROGRAM
- 101 Ways to Help Your Daughter Love Her Body - by Brenda Lane Richardson and Elane Rehr
- You'd Be So Pretty If . . .: Teaching Our Daughters to Love Their Bodies -- Even When We Don't Love Our Own - by Dara Chadwick
- The Body Image Workbook for Teens: Activities to Help Girls Develop a Healthy Body Image in an Image-Obsessed World - by Julia V. Taylor
- The New Puberty: How To Navigate Early Development in Today's Girls - by Louise Greenspan and Julianna Deardorff
- Good Girls Don't Get Fat: How Weight Obsession Is Messing Up Our Girls and How We Can Help Them Thrive Despite It - by Robyn Silverman, with Dina Santorelli
- The Ultimate Guide to Sex and Disability: For All of Us Who Live with Disabilities, Chronic Pain, and Illness - by Miriam Kaufman, Cory Silverberg, and Fran Odette
- Our Whole Lives Curriculum: Grades 4-6
- Our Whole Lives Curriculum: Young Adults 18-35
- Sex Is a Funny Word: A Book about Bodies, Feelings, and You - by Cory Silverberg and Fiona Smyth (Illustrator)
- Social Justice Pedagogy Across the Curriculum: The Practice of Freedom - Edited by Thandeka K. Chapman and Nikola Hobbel.
- Anti-Bias Education for Young Children and Ourselves - by Louise Derman-Sparks and Julie Olsen Edwards.
- Teaching for Diversity and Social Justice: 2nd Edition – Edited by Maurianne Addams, Lee Anne Bell, and Pat Griffin.
- S.E.X., second edition: The All-You-Need-To-Know Sexuality Guide to Get You Through Your Teens and Twenties - by Heather Corinna
- Medical Apartheid - by Harriet Washington
- What’s Happening to My Body? Activity Book - by Lynda Madaras
- Juvenile Temporary Detention Center book wish list
- Our Whole Lives (OWL): comprehensive sexuality education curriculum for grades K-1, grades 4-6, grades 7-9, and grades 10-12