What does the term “self-care” mean to you? The term “self-care” can be a helpful reminder to take care of ourselves. It can also be limiting, exclusionary, or feel like one more to-do list item. Our goal is to help make space for all experiences of taking care of ourselves. Let’s share resources and challenges, get creative, and support each other. Here are some topics we anticipate discussing:
- What are we talking about when we talk about self-care? Are we talking about healing? Self-investment?
- What is the impact of the political climate on our self-care needs and practice?
- How does media consumption help and harm us?
- What does self-care look like beyond buying stuff?
- Which self-care strategies work for us, and which strategies don't work?
Join counselors Sarah Daoud, Lyzanne Trevino, and Jane Flotte at CWHC to discuss the challenges and explore strategies for self-care in our next workshop, Taking Care of Ourselves in 2018.
All are welcome! Beverages and light snacks will be provided.
When: Tuesday, March 20th, from 6 - 8 p.m.
Where: Chicago Women’s Health Center (1025 W Sunnyside Ste. 201) The workshop will take place in our Meeting Room.
Cost: $10 suggested donation. Donations can be made in advance or at the workshop.
Please note: You will be redirected to PayPal when you register for this workshop, however you are NOT required to submit a payment in order to register. If you do not receive a confirmation email within 30 minutes of registering, please email Jane Flotte.
Space is limited, so register today!
Questions? Email Jane Flotte at email@example.com